Thursday, July 28, 2005

Follow up on the slug out in the lunchroom

Some of you are wondering about whether Nivek got in trouble at school for punching the lunch lady. (Yesterday's post.) Nope. *Sigh*. Somehow he usually got rewarded for this type of behavior.

Older boys and men often loved Nivek. He was a fierce little boy, but he could take a lickin' and keep on tickin'. Stoic. Joe Cool. Like that. Had a case of hipatitis, that's terminal coolness. Made him popular with guys.

After the lunch-lady-slugging thing, I waited nervously for the call from the school. Days go by. No call. Ummm. What's that about? At last it's time for the regular teacher/parent conference. I expect the worst.

I go into the classroom, sit in one of those little second-grader chairs, and wait for the teacher, Mrs. S., to tell me all about Nivek. She tells me how smart he is. I know that. How sweet he is. Huh! How nice it is to have him in her class. Everything is just hunky dory. Finally, it seems that the conference is over. She still hasn't said one word about the brouhaha in the lunchroom. (I wait for months to get to use that word. SO satisfying.)

So, I decide to bring it up myself. "Do you know that Nivek hit Mrs.-Darling-Billy's-Mother in the lunchroom?"

Mrs. S. smiles sweetly. "Yes, Mr. Guy, the janitor, told me. He seemed very pleased about it."

She went on to say that Mrs.-Darling-Billy's-Mother couldn't tell on Nivek because she had first shoved him, and she had been warned in the past about getting physical with the kids when they crossed her son. She added that the janitor and Mrs.-Darling-Billy's-Mother didn't get along. No joke.

"So," she said, "Offically, I don't know anything about it." Mrs. S. had a soft spot for Nivek, and seemed amused by the whole thing. Amazing. Just amazing. But a relief to me. I figured the kid was in for jail time for sure.

Fast forward to Valentine's Day the next year. The kids all decorated Valentine's boxes for other kids to deposit cards into. There's a contest to see which decorated box is best. Nivek's box is nice, but not the best. Oh! Wait What the &*!# ? Nivek's box is judged the very best. Wins the prize. Now who do you suppose gets to pick the final winner?

Mr. Guy of course. See what I mean? Rewarded.

19 comments:

mireille said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hobbes said...

I once spilled my soda accidentally on purpose on a lunch lady in the graduate student cafeteria. I was not rewarded by profs or administrators, but did experience internal satisfaction.
weirsdo

TLP said...

Mireille,
NO! Goodness no. We didn't raise any conservative Republicans.

Weirsdo, that was the mature way to do it.

Fred said...

LOL - I'm not too sure it would play out that way today; chances are you would have been sued, regardless of who was right.

Things were so much simpler back then, before lawyers could advertise on TV.

Jamie Dawn said...

He leads a charmed life.
Hope his luck is still holding out...

Saur♥Kraut said...

*LOL* I want his luck.

Doug The Una said...

Tan Lucy, I can't wait until The Pez Chronicles is available in stores. Will you sign my copy?

Lila said...

Yeah... that Nivek... Hey, while we're on the subject, he slugged me a few times, too!

The Lazy Iguana said...

I have managed to get away with stuff too. Never anything like slugging the lunch lady. Maybe I should have tried.

A Little Bar of Soap said...

I don't know why everyone says you Pez people are so nice. There seems to be quite a bit of depravity in the family!

GodlessMom said...

Charmed life indeed! Mr. Guy sounds like the janitor in the movie The Breakfast Club!

Tom & Icy said...

They always say, "Blame it on Icy, it's Icy's fault!" even when I don't do anything.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

One of those lads who can fall into the sewer and come up four-leaf clovers. I've heard rumors about people like that; never knew one till now.

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Greetings from Miami!

Sounds like a natural politican you have there!

mireille said...

btw, TLP, I deleted the top post because I felt guilty for inflicting political diatribe on YOUR blog. I should keep my diatribes on MY blog. So, please accept my apology. xoxoxo m

TLP said...

Mireille, I didn't think that there was anything wrong with your comment! Not to worry, ever.

Anonymous said...

The best place I have found for chevrolet corvette is chevrolet corvette

Anonymous said...

I am about to show you a way that you can generate thousands of keyword targeted links back to your web site starting today!

Anonymous said...

What If This Could All Happen Automatically,
with a simple push of a button.....