Thursday, October 19, 2006

As close to nothing as you can get



Radio Question of the Day:

You can't really tell by looking at it, but the average one is 44 inches long...
What is it?
Well, I already know what it’s not.

************************

Have you ever heard of findu.com? It’s pretty neat! My recent visitor has a ham radio in her van and she told me how I can track her across the country. A person can go to findu.com, and click on “Position Reports,” and if you know the code for a person’s vehicle, you can type it in there (just replace the number that is already listed in the address bar) and then enter, and it will give you a map that shows you right where your friend is. Currently it shows me that Bindy is “1.2 miles northwest of Detroit, MI --- Report received 1 hours 20 minutes 16 seconds ago Altitude: 619 feet.” Right now she’s on Interstate 75. I find this system just amazing. Nice to know that she’s a safe distance away.

*******************
Answer to the Radio Question of the Day:

A coat hanger.

Jeez. That’s such a boring answer I’m going to give you another answer to a radio question: 7/7/07.

So what was the question?

15 comments:

TLP said...

Next year (2007) Las Vegas anticipates what date to be the most popular day to get married?

Lila said...

Huh. Who knew? Interesting. Yes, good that Bindy is safely far away.

Logophile said...

I know its slightly evil of me, but I imagined a scenario where she realizes she left something at your house and the tracking stations report this to an increasingly agitated TLP.
heh heh heh

Coat hanger??
Who'd a thunk it

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL..Oh Dear Lucy, you gave me two good laughs today...
"I know what it isn't"....and the line about Bindy being far away...! I LOVE your sense of humor, my dear...!

That tracking this is quite amazing! I hadn't ever heard about that before....In a way it's a little scary, too....If someone didn't want their spouse or boyfriend/gorlfriend to know where they are....Hmmmmmm. What do you think?

I have no clue about 7/7/07....except I remember when a dear old friend who is no longer with us now, had his Birthday on 7/7/77...THAT was quite incredible!

Fred said...

Well, to prove your point, I'll be on Long Island on 7/7/07 attending my niece's wedding.

TLP said...

Update on Bindy:

1.0 miles northeast of East Saint Louis, IL --- Report received 3 minutes 20 seconds ago Course: 54.1 Speed: 40.7 MPH

She needs to put on some speed. Utah's a ways off yet.

Anonymous said...

i'm guessing you hope Bindy won't findu again any time soon. that Bindy.

TLP said...

She's on Interstate 64 now:

1.8 miles northeast of Town and Country, MO --- Report received 40 minutes 59 seconds ago Altitude: 609 feet.

TLP said...

LOL Neva. Clever girl. That Neva.

Doug The Una said...

Maybe she can save the Tigers before St. Louis makes atheists out of them.

The next time the day, month and year will be the same?

Doug The Una said...

The apocalypse!

Doug The Una said...

Election day in Guam!

Doug The Una said...

You're going to win the lottery that day!

Doug The Una said...

The summer equinox after global warming?

The Lazy Iguana said...

I know about findu.com

I have a ham callsign. I may install the radio in my boat one day so you can track me in Biscayne Bay.